Giftbull (‘we’ or ‘us’) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Giftbull UK Limited of Level 25, The Shard, 32 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9SG.
Information We Collect from You
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.giftbull.com (‘our site’) or by uploading information onto our site or by corresponding with us via phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, nationality, date of birth, e-mail address and phone number, financial, credit and debit card information, details of your bank account, relevant expiration dates, identification document numbers, copies of identification documents (for example passport, driving licence and utility bill), personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site, we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device information;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, device information and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
- transaction information, including date, time, amount, devices associated with the transaction, IP address of sender and receiver, sender’s and receiver’s name and registration information, messages sent or received with the payment, device information used to facilitate the payment and the payment instrument used.
- Information we receive from other sources. This includes information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case, we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share that data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, customer service providers, developers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information. We will also receive information about you from third parties we use to verify your identity and your credit worthiness.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail, SMS or via any other electronic means made available) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data);
- to verify your identity to protect against fraud, comply with anti-money laundering laws and to confirm your eligibility to use our products and services. Please note that we may carry out an electronic identity verification check and credit reference check via third party providers in order to verify your or your directors/partners/beneficial owners’ identity and credit standing. If such searches are carried out, we may keep records of the contents and results of such searches in accordance with all current and applicable laws. You acknowledge that us carrying out an electronic identity verification check or credit reference agency check will leave a soft footprint on the individual or entity’s credit history. You confirm by providing us with your information that you have obtained the consent of each director/partner/ultimate beneficial owner to such checks being carried out.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in the interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- to verify your identity, protect against fraud, comply with anti-money laundering laws and to confirm your eligibility to use our products and services. Please note that we may carry out an electronic identity verification check and credit reference check via third party providers in order to verify your or your directors/partners/beneficial owners’ identity and credit standing. If such searches are carried out, we may keep records of the contents and results of such searches i in accordance with all current and applicable laws. You acknowledge that us carrying out an electronic identity verification check or credit reference agency check will leave a soft footprint on the individual or entity’s credit history. You confirm by providing us with your information that you have obtained the consent of each director/partner/ultimate beneficial owner to such checks being carried out.
- to comply with our regulatory obligations.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of Your Information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in Section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- selected third parties, including:
- business partners (including banking partners and banking intermediaries), suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target ( for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- third parties to verify your identity, protect against fraud, comply with anti-money laundering laws and to confirm your eligibility to use our products and services;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Giftbull UK Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to governmental departments, regulatory bodies, the police/law enforcement agencies or to a court of law. This would only be done for lawful purposes or, for example, to assist in the prevention of a crime;
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Data Protection Officer, Giftbull UK Limited, Level 25, The Shard, 32 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9SG or [email protected]
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.